Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Would Love To Look Like This

I'm a proud fat girl. And yes, I said fat. Not plus size, not voluptuous, not size 10+10. Fat. Because it's what I am. And it's funny, people think that if you're fat, you're curvy. You're voluptuous and whatnot. I will burst your bubble with a smirk on my face and say NO. That is wrong. Because not all fat girls are curvy. Me, I have curves. My hips are wide and I have a waist that is developing (it was hard to find my waist due to my scoliosis) and they give me a shape. But then again, there are things I can't wear because my lumps and blumps and klumps show in a way that's unattractive. Not everything makes me looks slimming. Not everything I can hide.


It's really tricky. It is. You have the plus size that means size 6+. You have the plus size that means curvy ladies only. You have the plus size that means fat ladies only. You have plus size that means it's time to shop at the Old Lady Department . . . there's a lot. And it's hard to place us in a category, because there are so many among one title: Plus Size.


But I always wondered why we had to be placed in a category to begin with. Why couldn't clothes just go up to the 20+ sizes and just leave it at that? We know we're fat. You don't have to bring pressure to us with a label.


I told myself and I am true to this, I said that if I lost weight I would never become thin. I will remain thick, because that's what I want to be. I like to feel meat. Not a huge excess, but I like to feel meat! Some jiggle. I feel most comfortable in that skin. That girl above? That's a beautiful shape. She's a beauty in general. I would never be ashamed to walk in a bra and pantie looking like her. So she's my weight loss goal.

5 comments:

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

I love this post! You are so right. Why did we have to get a label. Why couldn't we just be included? As long as you are comfortable and confident with yourself, that is all that matters.

Cee Frizzle said...

Merci, merci! It's so annoying. I loved that photoshoot for V Magazine that Crystal did but i can still practically see her rib cage! It's not plus sized. That whole label in a whole is throwing people off . . .

Sei'Lani Britagne said...

loved it. especially since we just tweeted bout my metabolism lmao. yea, i have the same thing about bein skinny though. like... if im called skinny, i get kinda offended like damn. why?! but at the same time u gotta embrace it. i'd love to have an ass or some type of boobs but i don't, the end. haha. i feel like if i was bigger i can always downsize n be hot, but if im small there aint shit i can do to get the body i want except plastic surgery and thats a no go. haha. gotta embrace me as i am

Striggity said...

thumbs up to thick chix.

Cee Frizzle said...

You lot are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...