Thursday, December 1, 2011

Start Christmas Correctly With Christmas Music's Comeback

I love Christmas.

Simply put, it's one of those holidays that can easily cheer me up because the festivities that come along with it--celebration of snow, gifts from the ones you love, kissing under the mistletoe, the decorations and lights--is exciting and cheerful. Call me a sucker for happy and smiles, but so be it. I love the happiness that fills the streets and hearts of everyone who loves and wants to celebrate Christmas like me.

But the one thing that puts me in a great mood for Christmas is the music, and I must admit that there has been a lack of great quality Christmas music for a long time. GLEE! came out with a Christmas album, as did Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber, who is the latest contender. But none of them made me feel jolly. None of them brought me the thing I call The Nostalgic Whirlpool.

None but one.

"Haven't Met You Yet," singer Michael Bublé managed to bring the spirit of Christmas that had vanished a long time ago amongst the materialistic chaos that replaced it, and I am so thankful.

His voice, which manages to stay soulful and traditional aids in keeping the Christmas cheer alive, with the sounds of the instruments that bring the harmonic sounds together, and with the help of his background singers that take us back to when Christmas was peacefully enjoyable: in the mid 90s... Songs like, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas," seems like an upgrade to a timeless song, while his adaptation of popular Christmas songs such as Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You," songs less pop filled and more romantic and smooth. Shania Twain joins him in a duet for "White Christmas," which sounds stunning with the combination of these two great voices, and Michael includes an original Christmas song of his own, "Cold December Night," which is a ballad that can easily give you the feeling of warming some hot cocoa and sitting by the fire with someone special. Aside from the music being absolutely brilliant, showing off Bublé's voice as the masterpiece it is, these timeless songs are also very nostalgic, giving you a warm feeling that Christmas is all about. Reminding us that the holiday cheer is still alive, Michael Bublé's Christmas album is a must purchase.


And if you're like me, who relies on not only the decorations, the spirit, but also the music, than I don't even need to emphasize how much you'll enjoy this work of Christmas art.

Purchase his album HERE (iTunes) or HERE (Disc-Purchase)
Preview a few tracks HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...